Who likes saving money? ME!
Who likes having planned meals? ME!
Who likes knowing what it’s going to cost? ME!!!
I have planned a whole week for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. These meals made enough for 2 adults and 2 toddlers. And they were DELICIOUS!!!
If you answered me to any of those above questions… KEEP READING!!!
So for this week we decided to give you our Weekly Menu, Our receipts so you see what we bought, Our pointers, and pictures and recipes 🙂
We are able to eat healthy, on a budget.
Our budget is pretty extreme… Hopefully one day soon we can extend it 🙂
For now, we spend no more than $200/mo on food.
$50/wk. And we have to buy meat, eggs, yogurt, fruits and vegetables… We buy milk, cheese, bulk things like oats and flour.. And still have room for desserts?
IT IS POSSIBLE!!!!
How? Here are a few things we do to keep our costs low.
1. Food storage
3. Buy SALES
4. Shop Manager’s Special
6. Cook and freeze
7. We don’t eat out
So here are our receipts for this week. Total $41!
We already have juice, cereal, and dried beans but when we have room in the budget we stock up on more for our food storage.
Here is the picture of the items we bought (We returned the Imperial and bought Smith’s butter).
Here is our Weekly Menu!!
Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner
M- Oatmeal | PB Sandwiches | Zucchini Lasagna
T- Eggs/Toast | Leftovers! | GIANT Burritos
|Spanish Rice, Fried Squash, Beans and Bacon!|
W- Cereal | Sandwiches | Leftovers
TH- Eggs/ Toast | French Toast and Bacon | Hash with Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese
F- Cereal | Sandwiches | Rainbow Chili and Cornbread
S- Pancake Muffins!! | Picnic!! | Leftovers!
Su- Protein Pancakes! | Grilled Cheese | Sub Sandwiches!
Makes one 9X13 pan.
2-3 cups tomato sauce. (2 for less runny, recommended if not topping something)
2 Zucchini, peeled into ribbons
2 cups cooked ground beef (about 1 lb)
1 garlic clove
Salt, Pepper to taste
Cottage or ricotta cheese- 1/2-1 cup
2 cups shredded cheese
1. First chop garlic, onion, and some of the zucchini and add it to the tomato sauce, Boil. Then add the cooked ground beef.
2. Layer the pan as such: Zucchini ribbons, cottage cheese, tomato mixture, cheese- and repeat. We got 3 layers.
3. Bake at 425*, Covered, for 30 minutes.
4. Add an extra layer of cheese and broil!!
- Boil the potatoes, and Kale. Separately 😉
- Dice the chicken and bacon, and mix with cream cheese. Heat!
- Fry up the potatoes with salt, pepper, onion, garlic and parsley
- Sautée the boiled Kale with Oregano, Sage, Marjoram, Garlic salt and pepper. Don’t skimp on the flavor!
- Eat it, wish their was more.
2 Stalks celery, diced
1/2 Onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 White potato, chopped
1 Purple potato, Chopped
8oz Tomato sauce
8oz Tomato paste
8 oz Vegetable broth
1/4 Cup coconut milk
4 Cups cooked black beans
Vegetable shortening, or Butter
1. Sautee the aromatics- Celery, Onion and Garlic, and Carrots.
2. Sautee the chopped potatoes
3. Add tomato sauce, and black beans.
4. Add Broth, milk, and paste.
5. Cook until your level of doneness. If you want to keep them bright colors, I would recommend boiling the potatoes and carrots first.
1 cup milk
1/2 cup Flour
1/2 cup Whey protein powder
1 tbsp. Baking powder
1 Pinch salt
1 Tbsp Sugar
2. Cook at 350* for 10 minutes or cook in a pan